Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nerd Heritage

In case any of my adoring fans (or professors who might be stalking me online to see how this project is progressing *waves hello*) were wondering, I'm into the intensive writing phase of this project now. Today's highlight is that I have successfully and cleverly used the phrase "nerd heritage" in a sociological paper, related to the expression of a connection to or identifying with various fandoms and minutia of popular culture (ex. Browncoats, Trekkies, Whovians). This is a proud day for geekdom, or at least a small moment of amusement for me. The thesis-ing process continues. I have set myself the deadline to have a first "real" draft in the hands of my advisor by the first of March (or there about). Right now there's only about 31 pages (mostly lit review)--not pretty ones either--excluding the four pages of bibliography (which probably need to be cleaned up too). But it's a work in progress; this is the final stretch and I can see where things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment